The Health Information Management Department (also known as the Medical Record Department) is responsible for processing and maintaining a medical record on each and every person who has been admitted and/or treated in our hospital or clinics. The purpose of the medical record is to:
- Provide a means of communication between the physicians and other health care professionals contributing to the patient’s care.
- Serve as a basis for planning individual patient care.
- Furnish documentary evidence of the course of the patient’s illness and treatment during each hospital admission or treatment visit.
- Serve as a basis for analysis, study, and evaluation of the quality of care rendered to the patient.
- Assist in protecting the legal interest of the patient, hospital and health care providers.
- Provide clinical data for use in research and education.
- Provide information to third party payors.
The HIM Department is staffed by six employees, five days a week (excluding holidays). Our hours are: 6:00 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Our direct line is (360) 875-4513 and our fax line is (360) 875-0592.